• Kevin Harvick and the No. 4 Jimmy John’s Chevrolet SS team will start the Auto Club 400 on Sunday from the fourth position after posting a lap time of 38.532 seconds and a speed of 186.901 mph in the final round of qualifying on Friday at Auto Club Speedway.
• Harvick was fastest of the 43 drivers in the first round of qualifying and therefore advanced to round two. He finished eighth in round two and was able to advance to the final round of qualifying in which he finished fourth fastest.
• Matt Kenseth scored the pole award for Sunday’s race with a fast lap time of 38.438 seconds and a speed of 187.315 mph. Brad Keselowski, Jimmie Johnson, Harvick and Clint Bowyer complete the top-five starting positions for the race.
• Harvick’s team used Friday’s 90-minute practice session to work on both the qualifying and race setup for this weekend’s competition. He completed a total of 22 laps and ended up sixth on the speed chart.
• NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams are scheduled for two additional practice sessions on Saturday at 9:30 a.m. PT/12:30 a.m. ET and 12:30 PT/3:30 p.m. ET. FOX Sports 1 will provide live coverage of both.
The following is the starting position of the other SHR teams in Sunday's race:
• Tony Stewart and the No. 14 Rush Truck Centers/Mobil 1 Chevrolet team will start 10th.
• Kurt Busch and the No. 41 Haas Automation Chevrolet team will start 17th.
• Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy/Get Found Chevrolet team will start 27th.
Race Coverage Information:
FOX will provide live coverage of Sunday’s Auto Club 400 race starting at 3 p.m. ET. MRN Radio affiliates and Sirius XM NASCAR Radio will provide the live radio broadcast.