Harvick to Start Fifth at Daytona
NASCAR Cup Series
Qualifying for the Coke Zero 400
Date: June 30, 2017
Event: Qualifying for the Coke Zero 400
Series: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (2.5-mile oval)
Pole Winner: Dale Earnhardt Jr. of Hendrick Motorsports (47.127 seconds at 190.973 mph)
- Kevin Harvick (5th, 47.357 seconds at 190.046 mph)
- Danica Patrick (10th, 47.460 seconds at 189.633 mph)
- Clint Bowyer (11th, 47.486 seconds at 189.530 mph)
- Kurt Busch (15th, 47.569 seconds at 189.199 mph)
Format involved two rounds of knockout qualifying:
- Round 1: All 40 drivers participate. Top-12 advance to Round 2.
- Round 2: Top-12 battle for the pole.
- All four Stewart-Haas Racing Ford Fusions qualified in the top-15.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. won his 14th career NASCAR Cup Series pole, his second at Daytona and his first of 2017.
- The Coke Zero 400 gets underway at 7:30 p.m. EDT Saturday with live coverage provided by NBC.
Next News Story →
← Previous News Story