Harvick to Start 3rd at All-Star Race
NASCAR Cup Series
Qualifying for the Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race
Date: May 19, 2017
Event: Qualifying for the Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race
Series: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway (1.5-mile oval)
Pole Winner: Kyle Larson of Chip Ganassi Racing (112.626 seconds at 143.839 mph)
- Kevin Harvick (3rd, 112.889 seconds at 143.504 mph)
- Kurt Busch (5th, 122.077 seconds at 132.703 mph)
Format involved two rounds of knockout qualifying:
- Round 1: Three timed laps with a four-tire pit stop. (Set positions 6-16.)
- Round 2: Three timed laps with a four-tire pit stop. (Set positions 1-5.)
- Both Harvick and Busch advanced to the second round of knockout qualifying.
- Harvick was the highest-qualifying Ford driver.
- The No. 4 team of Harvick performed the fastest pit stop of the five teams participating in the final round.
- Stewart-Haas Racing teammates Clint Bowyer and Danica Patrick are competing in the Monster Energy Open, where they will attempt to race their way into the Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race by winning any of the three race segments or by winning the fan vote. The Monster Energy Open is for drivers not already eligible for the All-Star Race.
- Those eligible for the All-Star Race include drivers who won a points-paying race in 2016 or 2017, fulltime drivers who have previously won the All-Star Race, and fulltime drivers who have won a NASCAR Cup Series championship.
- The Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race gets underway at 8 p.m. EDT Saturday with live coverage provided by FS1.
Next News Story →
← Previous News Story