Harvick Starting from the Pole Position at Texas
NASCAR Cup Series
Qualifying for the O'Reilly Auto Parts 500
Date: April 7, 2017
Event: Qualifying for the O’Reilly Auto Parts 500
Series: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth (1.5-mile oval)
Pole Winner: Kevin Harvick of Stewart-Haas Racing (27.217 seconds at 198.405 mph)
- Kevin Harvick (1st, 27.217 seconds at 198.405 mph)
- Clint Bowyer (3rd, 27.270 seconds at 198.020 mph)
- Kurt Busch (10th, 27.692 seconds at 195.002 mph)
- Danica Patrick (19th, 27.876 seconds at 193.715 mph)
Format involved three rounds of knockout qualifying:
- Round 1: 20 minutes, top-24 advance to Round 2. (Sets positions 25-40.)
- Round 2: 10 minutes, top-12 advance to Round 3. (Sets positions 13-24.)
- Round 3: 5 minutes, top-12 battle for the pole. (Sets positions 1-12.)
- This is the 32nd Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series pole for SHR since its inception in 2009 and the organization’s second of the season.
- This was Harvick’s 19th career NASCAR Cup Series pole, his first at Texas and his second of the season.
- Nine cars did not pass technical inspection and did not participate in the first round of knockout qualifying.
- The O'Reilly Auto Parts 500 gets underway at 1:30 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by FOX.
Next News Story →
← Previous News Story