Harvick Scores 8th Pole Award of the Year at Kansas
NASCAR Cup Series
Hollywood Casino 400 at Kansas Speedway
- Kevin Harvick and the No. 4 Budweiser Chevrolet SS team will start Sunday’s Hollywood Casino 400 from the pole position after setting a new track record in Friday’s qualifying session at Kansas Speedway.
- Qualifying at Kansas Speedway was comprised of three rounds as the track is 1.5 miles in length. Harvick posted the second-fastest lap in the first round, the fastest lap in the second round and the pole-award-winning lap time of 27.325 seconds and speed of 197.621 mph in the final session.
- Harvick's lap time of 27.304 and speed of 197.773 mph in the second round marked a new qualifying record at Kansas Speedway. He also held the previous track record with his 194.252 mph qualifying effort at the track in May. Harvick has now scored eight pole awards thus far in 2014.
- Brian Vickers, Aric Almirola, Joey Logano and Jeff Gordon complete the top-five starting positions for Sunday’s race.
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams had a 90-minute practice session on Friday afternoon. Harvick and the No. 4 Budweiser Chevrolet team focused on qualifying trim. Harvick made four mock-qualifying runs and ended up second on the speed chart at the end of the session.
- On Saturday, teams are scheduled to have two additional practice sessions to prepare for Sunday’s race. FOX Sports 1 will air coverage of the first session at 11 a.m. ET and FOX Sports 2 will broadcast final practice at 2 p.m. ET.
Harvick on qualifying at Kansas Speedway:
“I’m just really proud of everybody on our Budweiser team. We’ve been dealt some bad luck throughout the year, but it hasn’t fazed them in continuing to work on the cars and the speed. The first three weeks we have led a bunch of laps and qualified well. Last week we had them covered and a valve stem got knocked off by a lugnut. We just have to keep doing the things that we are doing and that luck will all come full circle and as long as the cars continue to be fast that stuff all comes back to you. Hopefully it peaks at the right time.”
The following is the starting position of the other SHR teams in Sunday's race:
- Tony Stewart and the No. 14 Rush Truck Centers/Mobil 1 Chevrolet team will start ninth.
- Kurt Busch and the No. 41 Haas Automation Chevrolet team will start 24th.
- Danica Patrick and the No. 10 Aspen Dental Chevrolet team will start 29th.
Race Coverage Information:
ESPN will provide live coverage of Sunday’s race at 2 p.m. ET. MRN Radio affiliates and Sirius XM NASCAR Radio will provide the live radio broadcast.
Next News Story →
← Previous News Story