Harvick Qualifies 5th at Texas
NASCAR Cup Series
AAA Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway
- Kevin Harvick and the No. 4 Budweiser Chevrolet SS team will start Sunday’s AAA Texas 500 from the fifth position after Friday night’s qualifying session at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS).
- Qualifying at TMS was split into three segments. Harvick posted the second-fastest time in the first round to advance to the next. In round two he posted the fifth-fastest lap time to move to the final session. In the final round of qualifying, Harvick posted a lap time of 27.158 second and a speed of 198.836 mph to put him fifth on the starting grid for the race.
- Matt Kenseth scored the pole award for Sunday’s race with a fast lap time of 27.095 seconds and a speed of 199.299 mph. Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kurt Busch and Harvick complete the top-five starting positions.
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams had a 90-minute practice session on Friday afternoon. The No. 4 Budweiser team started out in race trim and then made three mock-qualifying runs to end the session. Harvick’s fastest lap of the session clocked in at 27.137 seconds and a speed of 198.990 mph, and put him second on the leaderboard.
- Teams have two additional practices on Saturday to prepare for Sunday’s race. FOX Sports 1 will have live coverage of the first session at 11 a.m. ET and FOX Sports 2 will air final practice at 2 p.m. ET.
Harvick on qualifying at Texas Motor Speedway:
"(The car) was just too tight. It was a little too tight getting into the corner. I think we'll be good in race trim."
The following is the starting position of the other SHR teams in Sunday's race:
- Kurt Busch and the No. 41 Haas Automation Chevrolet team will start fourth.
- Tony Stewart and the No. 14 Bass Pro Shops/Mobil 1 Chevrolet team will start sixth.
- Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy Chevrolet team will start 27th.
Race Coverage Information:
ESPN will provide live coverage of Sunday’s race at 3 p.m. ET. PRN affiliates and Sirius XM NASCAR Radio will provide the live radio broadcast.
Next News Story →
← Previous News Story