Harvick Qualifies 4th at Richmond
NASCAR Cup Series
Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway
- Kevin Harvick and the No. 4 Budweiser Chevrolet SS team will start Saturday night’s Federated Auto Parts 400 from the fourth position following the completion of two rounds of qualifying at Richmond International Raceway (RIR) on Friday.
- As RIR is a 0.75-mile track, qualifying was broken down into two segments and the fastest 12 in round one advanced to round two. Harvick posted the fourth-fastest lap time in the first round to advance to the final session. The No. 4 Budweiser team made two attempts during the 10-minute round and Harvick’s best lap time of 21.453 seconds and a speed of 125.857 mph put him fourth on the starting grid for Saturday’s race.
- Brad Keselowski scored the pole award for the race at RIR with a fast lap of 21.324 seconds and a speed of 126.618 mph. Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Harvick and Joey Logano round out the top-five starting positions.
- Teams had two practice sessions on Friday at Richmond. The first was three hours in duration and Harvick completed a total of 79 laps. His fastest lap of the session was posted during a mock-qualifying run and it placed him first on the speed chart. The final practice session was 80 minutes in length and the No. 4 team ran 77 laps. Harvick’s fastest lap of that session put him 14th on the speed chart.
Harvick on his No. 4 Budweiser Chevrolet at Richmond:
You didn’t score the pole award, but everyone in the garage is picking you to win tomorrow night. How is your car? “It’s really good. It doesn’t drive very good, but it drives – I guess as good as anybody’s. The Budweiser team has done a great job and we just have to put it all together.”
The following is the starting position of the other SHR teams in Saturday's race:
- Kurt Busch and the No. 41 Haas Automation Chevrolet team will start ninth.
- Danica Patrick and the No. 10 GoDaddy Chevrolet team will start 13th.
- Tony Stewart and the No. 14 Bass Pro Shops/Mobil 1 Chevrolet team will start 19th.
Race Coverage Information:
ABC will provide live coverage of Saturday night’s race at 7:30 p.m. ET. MRN Radio affiliates and Sirius XM NASCAR Radio will provide the live radio broadcast.
Next News Story →
← Previous News Story