Harvick Earns Pole for the Coca-Cola 600
NASCAR Cup Series
Qualifying for the Coca-Cola 600
Date: May 25, 2017
Event: Qualifying for the Coca-Cola 600
Series: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway (1.5-mile oval)
Pole Winner: Kevin Harvick of Stewart-Haas Racing (27.918 seconds at 193.424 mph)
- Kevin Harvick (1st, 27.918 seconds at 193.424 mph)
- Clint Bowyer (9th, 28.266 seconds at 191.042 mph)
- Kurt Busch (12th, 28.420 seconds at 190.007 mph)
- Danica Patrick (15th, 28.380 seconds at 190.275 mph)
Format involved three rounds of knockout qualifying:
- Round 1: 20 minutes, top-24 advance to Round 2. (Sets positions 25-40.)
- Round 2: 10 minutes, top-12 advance to Round 3. (Sets positions 13-24.)
- Round 3: 5 minutes, top-12 battle for the pole. (Sets positions 1-12.)
- This was the 33rd Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series pole for SHR since its inception in 2009 and the organization’s third of the season.
- This was Harvick’s 20th career NASCAR Cup Series pole, his second at Charlotte and his third of the season.
- All four SHR drivers advanced to the second round of knockout qualifying.
- Two cars did not pass technical inspection and did not participate in qualifying.
- The Coca-Cola 600 gets underway at 6 p.m. EDT Sunday with live coverage provided by FOX.
Next News Story →
← Previous News Story