No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet
Aaron’s 499 at Talladega Superspeedway
• Kevin Harvick and the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet team will start Sunday’s Aaron’s 499 at Talladega Superspeedway from the 38th position after posting a fast lap time of 54.672 seconds and a speed of 175.154 mph in Saturday’s qualifying session.
• NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams had two practice sessions on Friday. The No. 29 Budweiser team made two runs in the first practice for a total of 24 laps and focused on race trim, drafting with Harvick’s Richard Childress Racing teammates. First he made an eight-lap run with Clint Bowyer and then he drafted with Paul Menard. Harvick’s fastest lap of the session, 49.784 seconds and 192.351 mph, put the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet 11th on the speed chart. The No. 29 team elected not to practice in the final session, which was cut short due to rain.
• Jeff Gordon scored the pole award for Sunday’s race with a lap time of 53.723 and a speed of 178.248 mph. Jimmie Johnson, Mark Martin, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Menard complete the top-five.
• Follow along each weekend with Harvick and the team on Twitter. Check out @KevinHarvick for behind-the-scenes information straight from the driver of the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet. Get live updates from the track each weekend from @Black29Car, the PR team for Harvick. Also, follow @RCRracing and @RCR29KHarvick for additional information about the Richard Childress Racing organization.
Harvick on his qualifying laps at Talladega Superspeedway: “We had a little vibration there. We were just really conservative on temperature and things with the motor. We aren’t going to take any chances on hurting anything today. We have a plan coming into the weekend and qualifying wasn’t a part of it.”
The following is the starting position of the other beverage-sponsored cars participating in the Aaron’s 499:
• Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the No. 88 AMP Energy/National Guard Chevrolet team will start fourth.
• Brian Vickers and the No. 83 Red Bull Toyota team will start ninth.
• Brad Keselowski, driver of the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge, will start 19th.
• Matt Kenseth and the No. 17 Crown Royal Black Ford team will start 25th.
• Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 4 Red Bull Toyota, will start 31st.
• Sam Hornish qualified the No. 7 Fast Five/SPEED Energy Dodge in 42nd position for Robby Gordon, who was unable to make it to the track due to weather.
• Mike Skinner did not qualify for the Aaron’s 499 in the No. 60 Big Red Toyota.
The following is the starting position of the other Richard Childress Racing teams participating in the Aaron’s 499:
• Paul Menard, driver of the No. 27 Schrock/Menards Chevrolet, will start fifth.
• Clint Bowyer and the No. 33 BB&T Chevrolet team will start 10th.
• Jeff Burton and the No. 31 Cat Financial Chevrolet team will start 27th.
FOX will broadcast the Aaron’s 499 starting with the pre-race show at noon ET. MRN Radio and SIRIUS NASCAR Radio will provide the live radio broadcast.