No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet
Kobalt Tools 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
• Kevin Harvick and the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet team will start Sunday’s Kobalt Tools 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway from the 26th position.
• During Friday afternoon’s qualifying session at the 1.5-mile speedway, Harvick was the 13th driver to take the track and posted a lap time of 29.114 seconds and a speed of 185.478 mph.
• The No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet team spent the first half of the 90-minute practice session on Friday in race trim before switching over to make mock-qualifying runs. On the team’s third and final time out in qualifying trim, Harvick posted a lap time of 29.290 seconds and a speed of 184.363 mph to end the session 23rd on the speed chart.
• Matt Kenseth scored the pole award for Sunday’s race with a lap time of 28.589 seconds and a speed of 188.884 mph. Marcos Ambrose, Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle and Kyle Busch round out the top-five starting positions.
• Follow along each weekend with Harvick and the team on Twitter. Check out @KevinHarvick for behind-the-scenes information straight from the driver of the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet. Get live updates from the track each weekend from @Black29Car, the PR team for Harvick. Also, follow @RCRracing and @RCR29KHarvick for additional information about the Richard Childress Racing organization.
The following is the qualifying position of the other beverage-sponsored cars participating in the Kobalt Tools 400:
• Matt Kenseth and the No. 17 Crown Royal Ford team will start first.
• Brian Vickers and the No. 83 Red Bull Toyota team will start 19th.
• Brad Keselowski, driver of the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge, will start 20th.
• Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 4 Red Bull Toyota, will start 30th.
• Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the No. 88 National Guard/AMP Energy Chevrolet team will start 33rd.
• Robby Gordon and the No. 7 SPEED Energy Dodge team will start 38th.
• Tony Raines, driver of the No. 37 Race Fuel Energy Drink Ford, will start 41st.
The following is the qualifying position of the other Richard Childress Racing teams participating in the Kobalt Tools 400:
• Paul Menard, driver of the No. 27 Moen/Menards Chevrolet, will start 18th.
• Jeff Burton and the No. 31 Caterpillar Chevrolet team will start 21st.
• Clint Bowyer and the No. 33 Wheaties Fuel Chevrolet team will start 28th.
On Saturday, teams have one final practice session that is scheduled to start at 10:10 a.m. PST. SPEED will broadcast the practice at 6 p.m. EST/3 p.m. PST. FOX will provide the live broadcast of Sunday’s race starting with the pre-race show at 2:30 p.m. EST/11:30 a.m. PST. PRN and SIRIUS NASCAR Radio will provide the live radio broadcast.