No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet
Goody’s Fast Relief 500 at Martinsville Speedway
• Kevin Harvick and the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet team will start Sunday’s Goody’s Fast Relief 500 from the ninth position after posting a lap time of 19.761 seconds and a speed of 95.825 mph in Saturday afternoon’s qualifying session at Martinsville Speedway.
• NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams had two 90-minute practice sessions on Friday. The No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet team focused on race trim in both sessions, but made a couple mock-qualifying runs in each as well. Harvick ended the first practice ranked third on the speed chart with a lap time of 19.867 seconds and a speed of 95.314 mph. In the second session his best mock-qualifying attempt was thwarted by another car, leaving Harvick 30th-fastest with a 20.014-second lap and a speed of 94.614 mph.
• Jamie McMurray scored the pole award for Sunday’s race with a lap time of 19.621 and a speed of 96.509 mph. Ryan Newman, Kasey Kahne, Joey Logano and Denny Hamlin round out the top-five starting positions.
• Follow along each weekend with Harvick and the team on Twitter. Check out @KevinHarvick for behind-the-scenes information straight from the driver of the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet. Get live updates from the track each weekend from @Black29Car, the PR team for Harvick. Also, follow @RCRracing and @RCR29KHarvick for additional information about the Richard Childress Racing organization.
Harvick on qualifying at Martinsville Speedway: “I just didn’t carry enough speed getting into the middle of Turns 1 and 2 and didn’t want to hit the curb because I knew that would really screw my lap up. I got through Turns 3 and 4 OK. I could have used a touch more forward bite, but anything that’s better than 25th on qualifying day for our Budweiser Chevrolet is usually the sign of a great race day.”
The following is the starting position of the other beverage-sponsored cars participating in the Goody’s Fast Relief 500:
• Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 4 Red Bull Toyota, will start fourth.
• Brian Vickers and the No. 83 Red Bull Toyota team will start 13th.
• Brad Keselowski, driver of the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge, will start 22nd.
• Matt Kenseth and the No. 17 Crown Royal Ford team will start 24th.
• Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the No. 88 AMP Energy/National Guard Chevrolet team will start 26th.
• Dave Blaney, driver of the No. 36 All Sport Body Quencher Chevrolet, will start 29th.
• Robby Gordon and the No. 7 Fast Five/SPEED Energy Dodge team will start 34th.
The following is the starting position of the other Richard Childress Racing teams participating in the Goody’s Fast Relief 500:
• Clint Bowyer and the No. 33 BB&T Chevrolet team will start 15th.
• Paul Menard, driver of the No. 27 Nibco/Menards Chevrolet, will start 16th.
• Jeff Burton and the No. 31 Caterpillar Chevrolet team will start 32nd.
FOX will broadcast the Goody’s Fast Relief 500 starting with the pre-race show at 12:30 p.m. EDT. MRN Radio and SIRIUS NASCAR Radio will provide the radio broadcast.