No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet
Samsung Mobile 500 at Texas Motor Speedway
• Kevin Harvick and the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet team will start Saturday’s Samsung Mobile 500 from the 29th position after posting a lap time of 29.045 seconds and a speed of 185.918 mph in qualifying at Texas Motor Speedway.
• Teams had two practice sessions prior to Friday evening’s qualifying session. On Thursday, the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet team worked on both race trim and qualifying trim in practice, posting a fast lap time of 29.411 seconds and a speed of 183.605 mph on his final run of the session. In Friday afternoon’s final practice the team focused solely on race trim, posting a total of 43 laps. Harvick’s fastest lap of the final session was 29.839 seconds and 180.971 mph.
• David Ragan scored his career-first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series pole award in Friday’s qualifying session with a lap time of 28.448 seconds and a speed of 189.820 mph. Carl Edwards, Clint Bowyer, Matt Kenseth and Regan Smith round out the top-five starting positions for Saturday night’s race.
• Follow along each weekend with Harvick and the team on Twitter. Check out @KevinHarvick for behind-the-scenes information straight from the driver of the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet. Get live updates from the track each weekend from @Black29Car, the PR team for Harvick. Also, follow @RCRracing and @RCR29KHarvick for additional information about the Richard Childress Racing organization.
The following is the starting position of the other beverage-sponsored cars participating in the Samsung Mobile 500:
• Matt Kenseth and the No. 17 Crown Royal Black Ford team will start fourth.
• Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 4 Red Bull Toyota, will start 13th.
• Brad Keselowski, driver of the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge, will start 27th.
• Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the No. 88 AMP Energy/National Guard Chevrolet team will start 28th.
• Brian Vickers and the No. 83 Red Bull Toyota team will start 30th.
• Robby Gordon and the No. 7 Fast Five/SPEED Energy Dodge team will start 40th.
The following is the starting position of the other Richard Childress Racing teams participating in the Samsung Mobile 500:
• Clint Bowyer and the No. 33 Cheerios/Hamburger Helper Chevrolet team will start third.
• Jeff Burton and the No. 31 Caterpillar Chevrolet team will start 12th.
• Paul Menard, driver of the No. 27 Quaker State/Menards Chevrolet, will start 19th.
FOX will broadcast the Samsung Mobile 500 starting with the pre-race show at 7 p.m. EDT. PRN and SIRIUS NASCAR Radio will provide the radio broadcast.