No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet
Jeff Byrd 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway
• Kevin Harvick and the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet team will start 15th in Sunday’s Jeff Byrd 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway after posting a lap time of 15.150 seconds and a speed of 126.653 mph in Friday afternoon’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying session.
• In Friday’s 90-minute practice session, the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet team spent the first hour focusing on the car’s handling in race trim before they switched over to make several mock-qualifying runs in the final 30 minutes. Harvick posted the 15th-fastest lap of the session, a lap time of 15.100 and a speed of 127.073 mph, during his first run in qualifying trim.
• Carl Edwards scored his second pole award of the season during Friday’s qualifying session with a lap time of 14.989 seconds and a speed of 128.014 mph. Greg Biffle, Regan Smith, Paul Menard and David Ragan round out the top-five starting positions for Sunday’s race.
• Follow along each weekend with Harvick and the team on Twitter. Check out @KevinHarvick for behind-the-scenes information straight from the driver of the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet. Get live updates from the track each weekend from @Black29Car, the PR team for Harvick. Also, follow @RCRracing and @RCR29KHarvick for additional information about the Richard Childress Racing organization.
The following is the qualifying position of the other beverage-sponsored cars participating in the Jeff Byrd 500:
• Jeff Gordon, driver of the No. 24 Pepsi MAX Chevrolet, will start seventh.
• Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 4 Red Bull Toyota, will start 10th.
• Matt Kenseth and the No. 17 Crown Royal Black Ford team will start 11th.
• Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the No. 88 National Guard/AMP Energy Chevrolet team will start 22nd.
• Brad Keselowski, driver of the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge, will start 23rd.
• Brian Vickers and the No. 83 Red Bull Toyota team will start 30th.
• Robby Gordon and the No. 7 SPEED Energy/Food City Dodge team will start 33rd.
The following is the qualifying position of the other Richard Childress Racing teams participating in the Jeff Byrd 500:
• Paul Menard, driver of the No. 27 CertainTeed/Menards Chevrolet, will start fourth.
• Jeff Burton and the No. 31 Caterpillar Chevrolet team will start 17th.
• Clint Bowyer and the No. 33 BB&T Chevrolet team will start 27th.
On Saturday, teams have two additional practice sessions to work on their setups for Sunday’s race. The first practice is scheduled from 10:45 – 11:30 a.m. ET and the hour-long final practice will start at noon. Both sessions will air live on SPEED. FOX will provide the live broadcast of Sunday’s Jeff Byrd 500 starting with the pre-race show at 12:30 p.m. ET. PRN and SIRIUS NASCAR Radio will provide the live radio broadcast.