No. 29 Jimmy John’s Chevrolet
Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway
• Kevin Harvick and the No. 29 Jimmy John’s Chevrolet team will start 24th in Sunday’s Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway after posting a lap time of 39.580 and a speed of 181.910 mph in Friday evening’s qualifying session at the two-mile track.
• Friday’s practice session at Auto Club Speedway was shortened to just 45 minutes following a morning rain and lengthy track drying process. Harvick and the No. 29 Chevrolet team focused on making qualifying runs and ended the practice 28th on the speed chart with a lap time of 39.598 seconds and a speed of 181.827 mph.
• Juan Pablo Montoya scored the pole award with a lap time of 38.992 seconds and a speed of 184.653 mph. Denny Hamlin, Joey Logano, Regan Smith and Tony Stewart complete the top-five starting positions for Sunday’s race.
• Follow along each weekend with Harvick and the team on Twitter. Check out @KevinHarvick for behind-the-scenes information straight from the driver of the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet. Get live updates from the track each weekend from @Black29Car, the PR team for Harvick. Also, follow @RCRracing and @RCR29KHarvick for additional information about the Richard Childress Racing organization.
Harvick on qualifying at Auto Club Speedway:
“With the short practice today, we were off when we unloaded – just really loose – and wound up not really getting a handle on it. We didn’t have time to make a lot of big changes. As we went to qualify it was a little bit better, but I think we’ll be good for the race.”
The following is the qualifying position of the other beverage-sponsored cars participating in the Auto Club 400:
• Matt Kenseth and the No. 17 Crown Royal Ford team will start 11th.
• Brian Vickers and the No. 83 Red Bull Toyota team will start 19th.
• Brad Keselowski, driver of the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge, will start 21st.
• Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 4 Red Bull Toyota, will start 22nd.
• Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the No. 88 AMP Energy/National Guard Chevrolet team will start 30th.
• Robby Gordon and the No. 7 SPEED Energy/Food 4 Less Dodge team will start 35th.
The following is the qualifying position of the other Richard Childress Racing teams participating in the Auto Club 400:
• Jeff Burton and the No. 31 Caterpillar Chevrolet team will start seventh.
• Paul Menard, driver of the No. 27 Serta/Menards Chevrolet, will start 15th.
• Clint Bowyer and the No. 33 Ronald Regan Foundation’s Centennial Celebration Chevrolet team will start 17th.
On Saturday, teams have two additional practice sessions. Both sessions will air live on SPEED starting at 2:30 p.m. EDT. FOX will broadcast the Auto Club 400 starting with the pre-race show at 2:30 p.m. EDT. MRN Radio and SIRIUS NASCAR Radio will provide the radio broadcast.