No. 29 Jimmy John’s Chevrolet
Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix International Raceway
• Kevin Harvick and the No. 29 Jimmy John’s Chevrolet team will start 17th in Sunday’s Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix International Raceway after posting a fast lap of 26.448 seconds and a speed of 136.116 mph in Saturday afternoon’s qualifying session.
• Harvick was the 11th driver to take the track under NASCAR’s new rules for qualifying. Starting with this weekend’s race at Phoenix, qualifying order is determined by the reverse order – slowest to fastest – of the speeds posted in practice.
• NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams had two practice sessions on Friday. The No. 29 team focused on race trim in practice, but ended each session by making a couple of mock-qualifying runs. Harvick’s fast lap in the first session was 26.984 seconds and a speed of 133.412 mph and in the second practice he posted a lap of 26.896 seconds and a speed of 133.849 mph.
• Carl Edwards scored the pole award for Sunday’s race with a lap of 26.224 seconds and a speed of 137.279 mph. Kurt Busch, Kasey Kahne, Kyle Busch and Regan Smith will round out the top-five starting positions.
• Follow along each weekend with Harvick and the team on Twitter. Check out @KevinHarvick for behind-the-scenes information straight from the driver of the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet. Get live updates from the track each weekend from @Black29Car, the PR team for Harvick. Also, follow @RCRracing and @RCR29KHarvick for additional information about the Richard Childress Racing organization.
Kevin Harvick discusses qualifying at Phoenix:
“It was a good lap for us. I wish I could do it again. But if I could do it again, I’d probably screw it up. So, they did a great job on our Jimmy John’s Chevy making the adjustments from yesterday to today to try to help me with a little bit of grip and it was definitely better.
“Our Jimmy John’s Chevrolet was really good in race trim. We were off a little bit in qualifying trim and made some adjustments yesterday and the car drove a lot better. So, I wish I could do it again, but that’s it for today.”
The following is the qualifying position of the other beverage-sponsored cars participating in the Subway Fresh Fit 500:
• Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 4 Red Bull Toyota, will start third.
• Brad Keselowski, driver of the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge, will start ninth.
• Brian Vickers and the No. 83 Red Bull Toyota team will start 19th.
• Matt Kenseth and the No. 17 Crown Royal Ford team will start 24th.
• Robby Gordon and the No. 7 SPEED Energy/Bashas’ Dodge team will start 31st.
• Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the No. 88 National Guard/AMP Energy Chevrolet team will start 35th.
The following is the qualifying position of the other Richard Childress Racing teams participating in the Subway Fresh Fit 500:
• Paul Menard, driver of the No. 27 Vertis/Menards Chevrolet, will start 13th.
• Clint Bowyer and the No. 33 Cheerios/Hamburger Helper Chevrolet team will start 16th.
• Jeff Burton and the No. 31 Caterpillar Chevrolet team will start 25th.
FOX will air the race live starting with the pre-race show at 2:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. CT. MRN Radio and SIRIUS NASCAR Radio will provide the live radio broadcast.